Tuesday 9 March 2021

Passing the CompTIA PenTest+ and What Helped Me

This past January 2021, I passed the CompTIA PenTest+ after failing the test in October 2020. It had been a long time since attempting any certificates and I was determined to jump over another hurdle. I notice that the methods of learning that work best for me is to leverage a variety of materials. 

 I ended up using 4 books and 2 online training modules and I held myself to a daily schedule.  I put these videos together to tell my story in the event that this will help motivate and help others who are on that PenTest+ journey.

Pulling from a variety of study resources like online flashcards, study-guide books, practice test books with online modules, complete digital training with videos, practice test and hands on labs will help.  Understanding the test psychology was a key component of succeeding on passing the test.  The test psychology is best understood by using the practice tests from Cybex and McGraw Hill.

This is the longer version of my advice in this video: 


For those of you who want the condensed version, I did my best to package up the most important elements into this 5 minute video:

   

Good luck on your PenTest+ study journey, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment